Wishing all my readers a very Happy and Safe Holi !!!
I have been planning to use the bunch of Vanilla Beans I got from Switzerland from a very long time. Apart of making some Vanilla Sugar and Vanilla Essence I really wanted to bake something. Initially I thought of baking a pound cake but didnt have enough flour in hand so I turned them into mini muffins.
What makes these mini muffins special is the fact that the I didnt follow any recipes, just mixed and matched ingredients i had on hand and BANG!! I got these wonderfully moist and sinfully delicious muffins. Oh i love the flavor of vanilla beans in them, it filled my kitchen with an aroma I have never experienced before. I am so gonna use vanilla beans in my all bakes! I wish we could get these here easily. Next on target is to make some homemade Vanilla Essence and Vanilla Sugar.
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, softened
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 vanilla bean
1 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Grease and flour 12 muffin moulds.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda in a seperate bowl.
- Split the vanilla bean from middle and remove the seeds. Mix the seeds in the milk.
- Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffly
- Add in the egg and beat for another 2 mins.
- Now mix in the flour and milk alternatively until everything is combined well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix well, donot beat.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and bake them for 15 to 20 mins until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve these warm with a glass of milk.
Verdict? Muffins were insanely flavorful and soft with melt in mouth texture. If you are a vanilla lover just like me you ve got to try these!
Have a wonderful week ahead!!