Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eggless Vanilla Cake and Happy Holi to everyone!!

Dear All,

Eggless Cakes,Eggless Vanilla Cake,Eggless Sponge Cake,Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake

Wishing you all a very Happy Holi!  May god gift you all colors of life, colors of joy, colors of happiness, colors of love, colors of friendship and all other colors you want to paint in your life!

I know I have been away from the blogging world from quite sometime, I do appreciate all your emails and FB messages concerning my disappearance and I sincerely want to thank you all for remembering me.

Today's cake was a special request from one of my closest friend and my roommate S for her sister. It was around 6.30 pm on Thursday and I was in office eagerly waiting to go home and I got a call from S, the conversation went something like this.....

Me: Hello S...
S: Hey are you busy right now?
Me: Nah...tell me what happened?
(Just then there is lots of disturbance in the line..it happens all the time)
S: Hello...Hello...can you hear me?
Me: Ha ha... bolo na....
S: Hello...heelllooooo?
Me: S throw your mobile away...grrr...
S: Hello..yes now I can hear you...actually I wanted a favor from you?
Me: Sure..?
(Again disturbance in the line)
S: Actually I wanted to know if you can make a caaalle...
(and the line went dead, I literally jumped from my seat as I am sure she meant CAKE)
Again S called up and this time from her office phone
S: Hello Parita...
Me: Kaunsa cake banana hai??
S: Eggless vanilla banaate hai na..my sister has specially requested
Me: Neki aur puch puch... DONE!!!

Unfortunately I reached home pretty late that day, it was almost 11 pm when we finished our dinner so we decided to get up early the next morning and make the cake. We got up 5am in the morning to bake this cake....yeah i am one crazy baker..and it was well worth the effort! I have used this recipe as my base and tweaked a bit to suit my needs. As you can see in the picture the cake turned out beautiful....perfect crumbs. It was soft, moist and spongy..didn't miss the eggs at all! This is going to be my keeper recipe for eggless cakes! Of course you can tweak this recipe as per needs ..replace vanilla with almond or lemon or orange..anything would work! Do give it a try!

Eggless Cakes,Eggless Vanilla Cake,Eggless Sponge Cake,Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake


Eggless Vanilla Cake
Original Recipe here
Ingredients:-
2 cups all purpose flour (Maida)
1 can sweetened condensed milk, about 400 gms
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup aerated soda water
1 vanilla bean, split and scrapped or 1 tbsp vanilla essence

Procedure:-
  • Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
  • Grease and flour a pound cake tin or any other cake tin that suites your needs.
  • Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
  • Mix melted butter and condensed milk together, just until both are well incorporated.
  • Now add in vanilla beans or vanilla essence and mix well.
  • Now add in flour mixture along with soda water and mix well after each addition.
  • Pour the mixture in the greased tin and bake for 40 to 45 mins until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
  • Once baked, remove the cake pan from the oven and let it cool completely before removing and slicing the cake.




42 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Love that second click!!! So Moist n fluffy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Priya!! that was real quick! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too make the same way. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back and I am glad that you are well.
    Such a delicious cake recipe you have brought us today.
    So perfect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holi...
    The cake looks soft n fluffy...Great clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like a friend who'd bake such wonderful cakes for me at such an early hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful looking super moist cake, Happy holi wishes to u Parita..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi parita, I was wondering where you have disappeared, Happy holi to you, hope you are doing well, lovely cake dear, If I was near you I could have asked you to bake me one, as I don't eat what I bake :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. blog world mein cake ki barsaat ho rahi hai..wahan banana cake dekhke aaye, abi vanilla cake. Super yaar..slurrp..I think I need a buket to catch the droll..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cake looks really wonderful and spongy! Yummy! Happy holi to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Holi to you Parita!!

    Lovely bundt and love the texture of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yumm.. i miss making cake with u swts :( ..should try and get next one.. its too gud swts :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This will be tried for sure this weekend! Happy holi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the cake was extremely delicious.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice cake recipe... I also have one lying in my drafts... trying to finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!! how did I miss this post!! anyways awesomeeee cake dear and you woke up at 5 to bake!! wow.. how sweet of you to love baking so much :)

    The cake is totally my kind.. will give it a try asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thts a lovely recipe of cake parita, has come out perfect,...how r u these days..hows work going on?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect and moist..looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely soft n yummy...thanx for the quick recipe Parita..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally welcome back! How nice of you to wake up early to bake :)
    The cake turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for visiting my space...you got a lovely blog and ur vanilla cake is so soft and fluffy...I had made an eggless version not using areated soda...but with veg oil...happy to follow ur space..

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks incredible! I want a piece now:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great to see you back Parita...And what a wonderful recipe...will try this with an orange flavour...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loves all cake recipes which are eggless..
    This looks tempting..
    Do visit my blog and let me know your suggestions..:)
    Happy Cooking!
    Tanu
    http://tanu-triedntasted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Holi Parita! So glad to see you back. The cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a wonderful blog...plus an awesome looking cake..



    :)


    please enter my international summer accessories giveaway

    http://oflipstickandblushes.blogspot.com/2011/04/summer-accessories-giveaway-little-way.html

    it ends on the 8th of april

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Parita....just came across your blog....nice blog and awesome cake recipes! :)

    Ankita
    http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey! Have been following your blog for a long time now, but de-lurking today to let you know that you have a bunch of awards waiting for you at my blog... Do accept them, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a warm crumbly cake.. so inviting !

    new to ur space n happy to follow u

    do visit me when u get time
    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely cake with a perfect crumbly texture... Yum

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)