Monday, June 15, 2009

Homemade Veggie Pizza From Scratch!!!

Making pizza at home from scratch was on my to-do list from a very long time, ever since i saw on Deeba's blog. Finally i made pizza at home and i must say they were pretty damn good!!! I must admit I am not a big fan of pizzas, probably I am the only person who does not like pizzas :( I do like whole wheat pizza that too without cheese!! . Most of my friends here like either cheese pizza or Margherita, whereas i like mine with lots of veggies and spices as you can see in the clicks. The recipe for the pizza base i have adapted from Deeba's blog, the original recipe you can find here. The crust is made using whole wheat and all purpose flour and for topping i have used baby corns, onions, spring onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and cheese. You can use whatever veggie you have in hand. Sending this to Bread Baking Day, BBD # 21 hosted by Zorro where this month's theme is Pizza!! Also sending this to Priya's AFAM:Bell Peppers event started by Maheshwari.
Ingredients for Pizza Base: 3 cups all purpose flour 2 cups whole wheat flour 2 tbsp fresh yeast 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp sugar 2 cup warm water 2 tbsp olive oil For Pizza sauce: 4 medium tomato pureed 1 onion finely chopped 1 tbsp fresh cream 1 tsp olive oil 1 - 2 tsp sugar(i used brown sugar) 1 tsp dry basil leaves Salt and pepper to taste For topping: Topping can be any veggie of your choice, I used bell peppers, baby corns, onions, spring onions, jalapenos, sweet corns etc Procedure:
  • Add the yeast, salt and sugar in warm water and keep aside for 10 to 15 mins until frothy.
  • Mix both the flours, add in oil and warm water and knead into a soft dough.
  • Flour a smooth surface and knead the dough for about 8 to 10 mins, until smooth and shiny.
  • Transfer the dough into greased bowl, cover the top of the dough with oil and let it rest at a cool, dry place for about 2 hours.
  • I covered mine with a foil and let it rest for 2.5 hours.
  • The dough will rise almost double, punch the dough to remove the air. Divide the dough in 3 balls.
  • For Pizza sauce, heat olive oil in a sauce pan, add finely chopped onions, sauce them until light brown, now add pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for around 10 to 15 or until desired thickness achieved. Now add in fresh cream and basil leaves and simmer for 2 mins.
  • Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Top the dough with pizza sauce and veggies. Sprinkle cheese on top og the veggies.
  • Bake the pizza at 225 C degrees for 30 to 35 mins, or until done.

57 comments:

  1. I love home-made pizzas! Yours sounds so good - nice and spicy with the jalapenos on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love home made pizza, yours looks gorgeous with those veggies also very colourful Parita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful parita..that looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade pizzas are the shizzle!! Yours look delicious, I wish I could have a bite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is wonderful... I must say first of all...Pizza from scratch,nice experiments...and of course I will try out someday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm yummy. pretty colors! I am a big fan of homemade pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colorful rich topped Pizza, looks great! Thank you for your participatin in BBD's anniversary edition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colorful and yummy pizza dear. My son is a huge fan of pizza:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for passing from my blog even if I haven't been around lately. That pizza looks delicious with all those peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummmmmm and colorful.. really a professional looking one.. :)

    Like a kid I should say 'same pinch' to you. he he.. yeah even I am not a pizza craze and I enjoy whole wheat ones without cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummmmmm and colorful.. really a professional looking one.. :)

    Like a kid I should say 'same pinch' to you. he he.. yeah even I am not a pizza craze and I enjoy whole wheat ones without cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pizza looks perfect Parita..i am not a pizza fan, so hardly eat them..perfect for the event..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very colorful parita..Done a gr8 job making it completely from scratch...looks perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parita i too love my pizza with lot of veggies ! good post.. i have something waiting for you in my blog ! please accept !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super veggilicious pizza and Jalapenos are great for the spicy kick:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy homemade pizza with veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome!!! Since there's all these veggies in this, I won't feel so guilty in eating more than one slice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. want to grab a piece Parita... Yay for ur efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They have come out so awesome ... love all those peppers on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wowo! awesome ..entry ...love veggie pizza ...Lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Parita that looks amazing..

    Look at the rush in the toppings :) I love it...I love that way..

    I tried pizza with APFlour. I wasnt sure if Wheat flour version would come good, now that yours look great too, I will try this version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks yum!!!! Must taste so too!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking so good parita.. i love pizza that too healthy version .. wish to have a slice from the picture..really tempting

    ReplyDelete
  24. Parita this looks so Awesome :) I'm not a fan of pizza either.. but homemade?? surely sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome pizza! and I bet it must have been Helluva lot healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  26. heyy just stumbled upon ur blog... and with the looks of the pizza , m definitely trying it sometime soon :)

    will keep watching this space for more recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wonderful!! Pizza looks like store-bought! Great job Paritha! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...thats a colorful pizza dear...looks yum-o :) I too prefer making pizza at home since we can control the oil and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Homemade pizza is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is so awesome...More baking of breads and doughs is on my this years todo list but havnt tried much yet...you inspire me !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a perfect pizza and looks so mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  32. Home made from scratch must be perfect, anyway it looks so!, very colourful and with lot of veggies and a look over the cheese and oil and everything..., it must have tasted great, good job paritha!, The platter looks very yummy...., beautiful photos too....

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am with you parita, i do not like my pizza cheesy or the crust thick. but i do like crunchy crusts with a whole lot of veggies on the top. This one looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow thats a coincidence,i jes baked one for BBD which i am yet to post.Urs look lovely Parita...i thot making pizza was like rocket science...now i dont think so:-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow - you made that from scratch ? Looks so yum and great vege combo too...

    ReplyDelete
  36. great job Parita, they look divine

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy pizza. Nice & healthy, love the addition of so many vegetables. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey Parita........Last week I had done home made pizza but hadn used wheat flour.will post it soon urs looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  39. hi Parita ...
    the pizza looks so so delicious ..Even me too used to make ..me too posted pizza few days b4 ..Good job dear

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh yummy. I love pizza and this is just perfect for me.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love pizzas, & love yours even more. Looks very very YUM! Am glad they came out good!Thanks for the mention Parita.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awesome !!! Healthy and tasty !! Will try very soon the same way you did.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely Pizza Parita :) Frankly u r not the only one who doesnt like pizza much..u can count me too! But I love to prepare my own Pizza with lots of veggies and just enough cheese like you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  44. love pizza... urs look perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey Parita, the pizza looks fabulous and nice blend of colors and should have been very aromatic indeed!!!! Why dont you send this to Priya's Pepper event...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Perfect!!! Have never tried pizza at home... thanks for the step by step procedure! will try...

    ReplyDelete
  47. Viva homemade pizza:) You did great and I love your recipe. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yummy post!and finally u decided to go with blogher!good job!

    ReplyDelete
  49. The pizza looks so colourful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the veggie toppings :) m sure my kids gonna love this :) pari thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  51. wow pizza looks fantastic. Very perfect and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love that i can add so many veggies with the homemade version - yours looks so colorful and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Mmm...homemade pizza is the best! All those veggies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Sounds and looks delicious! Thank you for your participation in BBD.

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a gorgeous pie. All those veggies bring it a bounty of color that not only looks beautiful, but no doubt tastes fantastic! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)