This is my entry to the event Egg substitute - Yogurt/Buttermilk hosted by Madhuram, you can find the event details here
1 1/2 cups of All purpose Flour
1/2 cup sugar (I have reduced sugar little as I had added sugar in strawberries as well)
1/2 cup yogurt
1 - 2 tbsp milk
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter at room temperature
2/3 cup strawberries finely cut
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder together and keep it aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add yogurt in the butter and sugar mixture and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients in the yogurt mixture along with milk little at a time and beat well. Check the consistency, donot use the entire milk if not required. Sometimes yogurt may be very thin because of which you may not require all the milk given in the recipe.
- Finally add vanilla essence, chopped strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Mix gently, donot overbeat as the strawberries may get mushy.
- Grease the muffin pan or fill them with paper liners.
- Fill in the each muffin mold upto 3/4 level.
- Bake them for 25 to 30 mins, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from oven and cool them completely on wire rack.
- Serve them with cold milk or enjoy them like I do with jam... :)
The muffins turned out to be moist, not too sweet and just perfect for my taste. You can skip chocolate chips and add any other dry fruits of your choice.