I have been planning to try moroccan cuisine from the very day Lavi announced but for some or the other reasons i couldnt until last night. I had bookmarked many recipes from RecipeZaar where i found so many interesting morocaan dishes. Finally yesterday night I made these roasted potatoes in moroccan style. Who doesnt like potatoes? I adore them, I love having them roasted, baked, boiled or deep fried. Though i dont prefer them in my curries and gravies. I prefer potatoes mildy spiced with fresh herbs and sometimes with a dash of creamy white sauce!The recipe I used is adapted from here, i have made few changes to suit my taste. Its simple and easy to make and tastes heavenly, if you are a potatoe lover, do try this, you will be amazed how simple spices can make you drool! I couldnt keep my hands off these at all, i digged in as soon as they came out of the oven.The combination of sesame and harissa paste gave wonderful aroma which filled my kitchen making my head spin!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except lime juice.
- Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Line the baking tray with foil paper, grease the foil using little olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes and bake them for 25 to 30 mins at 200 degree C.
- Turn the potatoes around and again bake them for 15 mins until lightly browned.
- Enjoy them hot along with any dip of your choice.