- Preheat the oven to 200 degress C, line 12 muffin molds with wax paper.
- Wash blueberries and pat them dry with a kitchen towl. Add 1tbsp of flour and coat them well. Set aside.
- Sieve together whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together oil, sugar, milk and vanilla essence.
- Make a well in between the flour mixture and slowly add in the liquid mixture, fold lightly using spatula. DONOT over mix .
- Now add in the flour coated blueberries and fold in lightly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pans, filling upto 3/4 full. Bake them fo 20 to 30 mins, until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and serve them warm with a cold glass of milk or ice cream!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
1. A2ZVegetarianCuisine - Sadhna & Muskaan 2. HealthNut - Yasmeen 3. PlantainLeaf - Rekha 4. HomeCookReceipes - Lavi 5. 4th Sense Samayal - Nithya 6. Dishes from My Kitchen - Pavithra 7. My Experience with Cooking - Pooja
Pls accept the award and pass on the kreativity!
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry puff into 1/4 inch thick circles of your desired size.
- Leaving 1 inch space from the corners, spread the finely chopped apples.
- Fold in the sides over lapping each other.
- Generously drizzle brown sugar and butter on the apples.
- Bake them for 20 to 25 mins until lightly browned.
- Serve them warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
- Mix wheat flour, semilona, sugar and salt in a bowl. Cut in the cold butter and mix with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Now add in milk little at a time to make dough. Chill the dough for minimum 2 hours.
- For the filling, mix ala the ingredients together and keep it aside.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and using a cookie cutter or a glass cut round pieces and place them in greased muffin pans making cups.
- Fill the baskets with a tbsp of the plum filling, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- With the remaining dough cut small thin strips and arrange them as basket handles, use little milk or water to stick them to the sides.
- Bake these in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 to 25 mins until golden brown.
Friday, July 10, 2009
- Heat oil in a pan, add in cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- As the seeds start to splutter add in sliced radish and tomatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add in the water, sugar, salt, rasam powder, tamarind and cumin powder.
- Cook this mixture for 15 to 20 mins on slow medium heat.
- The flavors need to be absorbed by radish and the masalas need to get cooked properly.
- If you dont get desired tangyness than add a tsp of lemon juice but this is purely optional.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately with rice.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grease muffin pans lightly, i used olive oil for greasing.
- Using a glass or cutter, cut round pieces from the pastry sheet and place them in the muffin pan, making small cups.
- Add in musk melons and spring onions. Top it up with crumbled feta cheese.
- Add some freshly grounded pepper and bake these for 30 to 35 mins until the pastry puffs are lightly browned.
- Serve them hot!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a vessel, add in chillies, peppercorns, cinnamon,bay leaf and cardamon seeds. Saute for few seconds.
- Now add in the chopped spring onions (keep little aside for garnishing) and broccoli florets and saute for few mins.
- Season with salt, sugar, pulav or biryani masala and mix well.
- Add in the soaked rice and water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 mins until rice is cooked.
- Drizzle some lime juice and garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot with plain curd or any raita.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except lime juice.
- Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Line the baking tray with foil paper, grease the foil using little olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes and bake them for 25 to 30 mins at 200 degree C.
- Turn the potatoes around and again bake them for 15 mins until lightly browned.
- Enjoy them hot along with any dip of your choice.