Change is always very painful especially if you are changing from your very first company to another. First company is like your first love which one really cannot forget! You all must be wondering what the hell I am talking about....well I recently switched from my previous and first company to another details of which I have already updated on my FB :-) Honestly there is lot of excitement as well as little sadness as I really miss my old company. The beautiful campus, my colleagues, my friends and each and every moment I have spent in my last 4 years here brings tears in my eyes. But I am happy that I am moving ahead in my career to take on new opportunities and challenges!
During my last week in my previous company, lots and i mean lots of people expressed that they will miss me a lot but more than me they will miss my bakes! Now that really is a compliment!! Yes and for all my colleagues and well wishers I prepared this cake which was till date on of my best cakes I have ever made! I was so impressed by the taste and texture of this cake that I have already made it twice in a week!
Chocolate Chip Almond Pound Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar or white sugar
2 tbsp coco powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 medium eggs at room temperature
1 cup milk
90 ml vegetable oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a pound cake tin.
- Sieve together flour, coco powder, baking powder and baking soda in a vessel.
- In a measuring cup mix milk, oil and eggs. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Mix together flour mixture, sugar, almonds and 1/4 of chocolate chips.
- Add the liquid mixture and fold the batter together until well blended. DONOT use a beater, a wooden spoon or a spatula is perfect.
- Pour the batter in the baking tin and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chip on top.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 mins until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let is cool completely atleast for 20 mins.
- Once completely cooled, cut into pieces and serve.
- Enjoy with a coffee or even with some vanilla ice cream!
Verdict? Trust me and go and make this cake right away!!! Its so easy to prepare and hardly require any extra preparations, just mix the dry and liquid ingredients and you are ready to go! Everybody in the office loved it and I too managed to gobble down 3 pieces all by my self..hehehe :)
So what are you waiting for, rush into your kitchen and make this special treat for your loved ones! In case of any queries pls feel free to email me anytime and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge!
Thank you and take care!