As we all know Tried and Tasted for this month is being hosted by Vaishali of Holy Cow and the blog featuring is Susan's Fatfree Vegan Kitchen. To be honest I was not very familiar with her blog but as i started browsing i was simply amazed with the wonderful collection of vegan recipes she has from all around the world. As said in my earlier post i have lots of spinach stocked in my pantry and hence, i was finding ways to use it other than making the regular curries out of it. I found this wonderful recipe of Baked Spinach Koftas on Susan's blog which i completely fell in love with. I followed susan's recipe but did make few changes. These are so healthy and fulfilling that i had them for dinner and also for next day's breakfast :) I covered the extra filling and kept in fridge overnight, just remove it 30 minutes before you want to bake them. If baked version is so delicious i cant wait to try the deep fried version :)
Sending these to Tried and Tasted Fatfree Vegan Kitchen event guest hosted by Vaishali of Holy Cow, mastermind of Zlamushka and to SWC-Cooking with greens event guest hosted by Sowmya, started by Laxmi
Now the most important part...I got my first blog AWARD....yippeeee...I couldnt believe when Lena and Padma both passed "I Love your Blog" award to me. Thank you so much gals :) To be frank I never really thought I would get any awards and this was such a nice surprise :) I must say that this would really not have been possible without the love and support of all my blog pals, I have learnt so much in my last 2 months of blogging experience. We do ROCK gals :)
- Add the logo of the award to your blog.
- Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
- Nominate atleast 7 other blogs (Only if you like).
- Add links to those blogs on your blog.
- Leave a message for your nominees on their blog.
I would like to pass this award to - Asha, Priya, Ramya, Padma, Lena, Pooja, Ushanandini, Priyameena, Pavithra, Pooja, Aruna, Soma, Muskaan and Sadhna of A2ZVegetarianCuisine
, Yasmeen, Pratibha, Nags, Gita, Lisa, Jeena, EC, Deeba, Aparna, Renuka, Mahimaa, Suparna, Madhuram, Sowmya, and Vrinda Please accept the award gals and happy blogging !!!
Well now for the recipe for baked spinach koftas :) From the below recipe i got around 25 medium sized koftas.
250 gms tofu
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
2-3 green chillies
2 bunches of spring onions
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp chickpea flour or besan
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
- Blanch the spinach in hot water till it becomes tender.
- Grind together tofu, blanched spinach and green chillies in mixer until crumbly. DONOT add water and make a paste out of it.
- Add the boiled and mashed potatoes in the tofu-spinach mixture and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil , add in cumin seeds and ginger paste, as seeds starts to splutter add in chopped spring onions and cook for about 2 mins
- Now add in garam masala, salt, sugar, lime juice and potato-spinach-tofu mixture and mix well. Cook for about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and add the chickpea flour and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Make small round balls of the mixture and bake it for 10 minutes, flip around and again bake it for 10 mins until light brown.
- Serve with hot and spicy chutney or sauce.