I am not a very big fan of cookies but i do love chocolate in my cookies so chocolate chips are the best ones for me. I like my cookies crispy but untill now i havent found any recipe which gives me those crispy and crunchy cookies, if anyone has such a recipe pls let me know....Ok back to todays recipe..i had lots of dried cranberries in my pantry which i had bought to make some fruit cake which is still on my mind and hopefully i'll make it in coming weeks. I somehow wanted to use these cranberries so while surfing i found these wonderful cookies at Peabody's blog here, I loved the flavors used in this cookie..orange and cranberry really goes well, in the original recipe she has used pistachios which i replaced with chocolcate chunks as i was out of chocolate chips. Freshly baked these cookies filled my kitchen with beautiful aroma of orange and boy i loved it. The below recipe gave me 36 cookies of medium size. I have made few changes to the original recipe, i have cut down butter and sugar both as i am a health freak and even after these changes my cookies came out wonderful. I found orange flavor little less for my taste so next time i will add little more orange peel and may be little orange essence too. This is definately a keeper, if you love tangy taste of cranberry and orange than this is must a try!!!
Also this is the first time I am participating in the Click monthly event by Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi where this month's theme is Click Cookies , though I am totally new to photography and learning to take good pics :)
I am also sending these cookies to Ria who is hosting Lets Celebrate Cakes,Cookies and Cocktails.
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp grated orange peel
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1 egg at room temperature
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 175 degree C and line the baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper.
- Sieve flour, baking soda and baking powder together and keep aside for coating.
- Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 1tsp orange peel nicely and keep it aside.
- In a bowl beat together butter, sugar and egg on medium speed until fluffy.
- Now reduce the speed and in flour, baking soda and baking powder and beat well.
- Add in finely chopped cranberries , orange peel and chocolate chunks and mix well without beater.
- Make small 1 inch round balls and roll them in the orange peel sugar coating all the sides.
- Place these balls on baking tray and flatten them using back of a glass.
- Bake these for 10 to 12 mins or until the sides have turned light brown.
- Immediately remove and cool them, store in air tight containers.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!!!