Hello everyone..m back from my short trip...oh it was very hectic and tiring but cant complain as i did enjoy a lot :) I know i have missed lot of posts and i promise i will try and read all posts soon....sorry for the delay gals :( In such a short trip of four days i missed blogging so much..my friends have started calling me blogoholic but who cares i love being blogoholic :))
For todays post..i had created this strawberry swiss roll just before leaving for the trip..there were quite few strawberries in my fridge which i wanted to use, this is my first attempt on making a swiss roll and m glad that it came out really good though not perfect. I tried to create polka dots design with few cherries which i had but as you can see I failed miserably :( The sponge turned out to so soft and moist..just perfect..the best sponge cake i made in my life. For filling i have used mascarpone cheese and fresh cream along with fresh chopped strawberries and vanilla sugar....Overall i was pleased with the result and amazed at the rate it got over :) my friends loved it so much that it didnt even last few hours...i was lucky to get one bite :) I am definately making this again. Vrinda of Sankeerthanam has passed this lovely "Awesome Shots" award to me, thank you so much Vrinda...m truly honoured.. Sending this to Strawberry Feast event by Happy Cook...happy hosting :)Ingredients for Roll: 3 eggs seperated at room temperature 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/3 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 tsp oil (i used sunflower) 8 to 10 cherries cut in half For Filling: 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 3 to 4 tbsp vanilla sugar 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into small pieces Procedure:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks forms, this will take around 12 to 15 mins.
- Now add in yolks and beat for around 1 min.
- Fold in flour gently to make sure no air is escaped.
- Now add in oil and again mix gently.
- Grease and line swiss roll tin, spread the cherries along the tin as shown in the pic.
- Now add the batter and spread it gently to cover all sides.
- Bake for 10 to 12 mins, the cake should spring back when touched.
- Cool the cake completely before proceeding.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form, now add in mascarpone cheese and sugar, mix well.
- Spread the filling on the cake, add in chopped strawberries and drizzle litle vanilla sugar on top. Fold gently removing the parchment paper into a roll.
- Refrigerate the roll for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Cut and serve chilled with fresh strawberries and cream!!!