Sunday, May 10, 2009

Eggless Raspberry Tiramisu Cake and few celebrations


The month of may is a celebration month with many birthdays and anniversaries in my family. Last week it was my parents 29th wedding anniversay......yippeee, though i was not present with them but i did make this lovely tiramisu cake for them. We also celebrate many birthdays this month...my cousins Kayur, Nikita and Dwiti celebrate their birthdays and my bhabhi Manjri and Smita too celebrate their birthdays in may......I wish all you dears a very happy birthday...though I am very far but i still do miss you :)) I am dedicating this cake to all of you sweet people who celebrate their special day in this month and to all the MOTHERS as today its MOTHER's DAY....so here's wishing every mom A Very Happy Mothers Day.....I love you Mom and i miss you very much...:))

This cake is very easy and quick to make and its eggless, perfect for vegetarians. The moment i had tried tiramisu first time, i absolutely fell in love with mascarpone cheese, its melt in mouth texture is perfect for desserts. I have used raspberries here but i think you can experiment with other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, mango etc. This recipe is inspired from Happy Home Baker and you can find the original recipe here .

This dish goes to MM:Spring Cakes event by Meeta and to My Favorite Things : Cheese guest hosted by Poornima, event started by Bindiya of In Love With Food . I am also sending this to Ivy of Kopiasta who is celebrating Mother's Day on her blog.



Ingredients:
1 cup dark espresso coffee
1 tbsp kahlua coffee liquor
1 tsp sugar
250 gms mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp of sugar/vanilla sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence(omit if using vanilla sugar)
1 cup fresh raspberries
chocolate shavings for filling and decorations
1 packet of lady finger or savoiardi




Procedure:
  • Add 1 tsp sugar and kahlua in the coffee and keep aside.
  • Mix mascarpone cheese and 3 tbsp of vanilla sugar together in a bowl.
  • Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add the cream into mascarpone mixture and gently fold in. You can now add in little vanilla essence if required.
  • Take a spring form pan, align the lady fingers on the side of the pan as shown in the pictures.
  • Now dip the remaining lady finger one by one in the coffee mixture and align them on the base of the pan.
  • Add in mascarpone mixture on top and gently spread to cover all sides.
  • Add in some fresh chopped raspberries and chocolate shavings.
  • Similarly repeat the procedure once again. 
  • Cover and chill the cake overnight in fridge.
  • To serve, decorate the cake with raspberries and chocolate shavings.
  • Cut and serve chilled.

52 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely entry Parita. The dessert sounds delicious and Happy Mother's Day to all moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect cake to delight all moms:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your eggless recipe. Sure one to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very delicious Parita... love Tiramisu and ur presentation is too good... just ready enough to grab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A prefect Cake Parita..wat a gorgeous, fabulous dessert..Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raspberry Tiramisu looks lovely! Best wishes from me to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect dessert to celebrate any occasion. The cake looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! love this dessert, and Its mouth watering.
    Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks so decadent and lovely. I like the way you have arranged the lady fingers all around with the chocolate and raspberry....delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutley gorgeous tiramisu!

    I love that you used fresh raspberries, there is something so lovely about that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cake looks awsum with all the layers on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful parita...WOW!! I love tiramisu & am envious that you get sponge fingers & mascarpone there. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Beautiful! & a great idea need to try this out.

    parita.. I think for the mingle, it has to be an exclusively done..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely presentation :)
    awesome...........

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this cake !!! mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a perfect looking creation! i love this and am glad you will be sharing this with us at the mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a pretty tiramisu cake! It looks quite easy, which is always great :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Parita... I was wrong about the Mingle...it's not exclusive anymore. I went the re read the rules. Really sorry about confusing you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I luv Tiramisu cake... never had a slight idea of making it at home.. Urs look delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoW! Parita ...thats really one gorgeous stuff here ..
    drool worthy ..:))
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks wonderful Parita... I love tiramisu and the easy at which one can put the cake together.
    I just can't seem to make it my way yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow ,looks so yummy. Will try it soon:).

    ReplyDelete
  23. tiramasu..even i want to make this without egg..looks so good parita..you have very nice sapace here..cake looks perfect da :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow it looks divine and yummy... Love the have some now... its definitely easy to make it....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks very delicious Parita..lovely pictures and yummy send me some too

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mm this is quite different and lovely decoration..! Perfect for the events too! Do check my blog..!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful tiramisu cake!

    ReplyDelete
  28. looks delicious and tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. mouthwatering cake,absolutely delicious without eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi,
    Thanks for dropping by ,Parita..Im glad to have found u.
    Never had triamsu but have heard a lot about it..'The Dessert of Gods' rite??I'm drooling at the pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Tiramisu..Looks perfect lol...and a best way to celebrate with this...

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks absolutely gorgeous dear...Ummmmm yummyy....

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely Tiramisu...Perfect way to greet the mom Paritha..Mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you everyone for such wonderful and encouraging words :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely entry Parita, cake looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful looking dessert...have u ever tried substituting mascarpone with hung curd?i have heard it s a good substitute but never tried it..

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG!! that is just awesome..i can kill for tiramisu and those raspberried just make it even more drool worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I just love Tiramisu. Everytime I see one I definitely get one. Nice recipe Parita. Raspberries in Tiramisu is something new to me. I'm sure it would have tasted wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow yummy it looks.. just feel like grabbing a piece.. :) Great stuff and lovely blog on the whole.. I am new to the kitchen and just peeped into ur blog. I find it very interesting. keep it going.. do take a look at my blog when u find time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow! nice recipe ...yummy ..:) 1st time here lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow..mascarpone cheese and cofee flavor brings heavenly taste,looks so delish...

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just adore Tiramisu and use a similar recipe too. Love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  43. lovely tiramisu !

    Thanks for visiting AT :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, that's one gorgeous looking Tiramisu!

    ReplyDelete
  45. A beautiful cake. Basel is such a wonderful place and I love the coops all over switzerland. What I really miss are their awesome yogurts.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Parita...
    thx for stopping by my little blog...you too have great collections here...Im also bake lover like u....
    I absolutely loved the way u presented this tiramisu....Next time I make it, i will make it ur way:)
    And thx for following me...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)