After seeing frozen yogurts on Deeba's and Purple foodie's blog i really wanted to try making one at home, though i dont own an ice cream maker machine i thought i'll give it a try as it works fine without it as well. I didnt have many strawberries at home but i did have raspberries and blue berries so i thought why not lets Mix N Match and I made this Mixed berries frozen yogurt. The original recipe is from David Lebovit's.
Verdict...I absolutely loved the creamy texture and the sweet and sour taste of berries :) I have also used vanilla sugar which gives in nice vanilla kick. This is definately must a try....Sending this to My Favorite Things Event - Frozen Desserts guest hosted by Aquadaze an event started by Bindiya
250 gms mixed berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
250 gms greek yogurt low fat
1/3 cup vanilla sugar or more if required
1 tsp lime juice
- Mix vanilla sugar and berries, keep it aside for about one hour until the sugar is disolved and berries become mushy.
- Blend together berries, yogurt and lime juice until creamy and smooth.
- Pass the yogurt mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds and for smoother texture.
- Check if sugar is proper, add more if required.
- Cover and freeze the yogurt in a plastic container with wide bottom.
- Churn this mixture using hand blender every 30 to 45 mins when it starts to set a little for about 4 to 5 times.
- Serve chilled.