This is one of my favourite recipe, I make these occassionally as they are fried and contains cheese and I am bit of a calorie conscious person but once in a while we all should give a treat to ourselves and just enjoy the food and these fritters absolutely melt in mouth. This is my sister's favourite recipe too, if given a chance she would probably have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I remember my mom used to make the filling in huge quantity as my sister would have this for atleast next two days :) Darling of my father and apple of my eye, she always keeps me on my toes. She is chirpy little girl who goes on and on...until your head starts spinning. Like me she is too a complete foodie and loves Pastas or i should probably say lives on pastas :) Hey sweetie if you are reading this, i really miss you :) Well lets get back to the recipe, this recipe is fairly simple to make and tastes delicious. Kids love these yummy cheesy fritters and its perfect for dinner parties and functions. I basically make this dish for functions and family gathering, I serve it as a farsan along with the the other main dishes. Farsan is usually some fried dish like bhajia(fritters), samosas, kachoris or sometimes even dhoklas. The below recipe will serve 2-3 people. This dish goes to Sunday Snacks - Chaat Indian/Street Food hosted by Pallavi of All Thingz Yummy and to WYF Side Dish hosted by EC of Simple Indian Food.
1 cup of grated veggies (I used cabbage, capsicums, carrots and onions)
1/2 cup of sweet corn roughly grinded
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
1/3 cup of grated cheese
1 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp of cornstarch
Oil for deep frying
- Mix grated veggies, green chillies and salt. Keep aside for few minutes.
- Strain the veggie mixture and remove all the water which was left out from veggies.
- Add in sweet corn, grated cheese and pepper, mix well.
- Make small round balls out of it. If the mixture is not sticking together, try adding in little cornflour, cornflour will act as binding agent for the fritters.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, fry them on medium heat, it will take 5-7 mins for each ball to get fried properly. If fried on high heat the inner part of the fritters may not be cooked properly.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or hot and sweet sauce.