I was waiting to prepare this dish from a very long time. Ealier too i had tried to prepare but unfortunately my mixie broke that day and i had to wait until i got a new one. So finally i made them today for lunch, while making them i suddenly i saw one red bell pepper on my fridge shelf an i realized that this combination would would be perfect for the FIL-Red and Green. This recipe is off to Neha who is hosting FIL- Red and Green event and to Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers. The recipe below will make around 4 to 6 chillas.
1 cup split green gram
2 tsp urad dal
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
Salt to taste
oil to cook
- Soak split green gram and urad al seperately in water over night or for 4-5 hours.
- Grind together green gram, urad dal, green chillies, ginger paste and salt along with little water into smooth paste.
- Add in chopped onions and bell peppers, mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan, drizzle little oil and spread the batter and event out using a spoon.
- Drizzle little oil on the sides of the chilla, cover and cook on both the sides for about 5-7 mins or until light brown in color.
- Serve hot with corainder chutney or tomato ketchup.