The month of may is a celebration month with many birthdays and anniversaries in my family. Last week it was my parents 29th wedding anniversay......yippeee, though i was not present with them but i did make this lovely tiramisu cake for them. We also celebrate many birthdays this month...my cousins Kayur, Nikita and Dwiti celebrate their birthdays and my bhabhi Manjri and Smita too celebrate their birthdays in may......I wish all you dears a very happy birthday...though I am very far but i still do miss you :)) I am dedicating this cake to all of you sweet people who celebrate their special day in this month and to all the MOTHERS as today its MOTHER's DAY....so here's wishing every mom A Very Happy Mothers Day.....I love you Mom and i miss you very much...:))
This cake is very easy and quick to make and its eggless, perfect for vegetarians. The moment i had tried tiramisu first time, i absolutely fell in love with mascarpone cheese, its melt in mouth texture is perfect for desserts. I have used raspberries here but i think you can experiment with other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, mango etc. This recipe is inspired from Happy Home Baker and you can find the original recipe here .
This dish goes to MM:Spring Cakes event by Meeta and to My Favorite Things : Cheese guest hosted by Poornima, event started by Bindiya of In Love With Food . I am also sending this to Ivy of Kopiasta who is celebrating Mother's Day on her blog.
1 cup dark espresso coffee
1 tbsp kahlua coffee liquor
1 tsp sugar
250 gms mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp of sugar/vanilla sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence(omit if using vanilla sugar)
1 cup fresh raspberries
chocolate shavings for filling and decorations
1 packet of lady finger or savoiardi
- Add 1 tsp sugar and kahlua in the coffee and keep aside.
- Mix mascarpone cheese and 3 tbsp of vanilla sugar together in a bowl.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add the cream into mascarpone mixture and gently fold in. You can now add in little vanilla essence if required.
- Take a spring form pan, align the lady fingers on the side of the pan as shown in the pictures.
- Now dip the remaining lady finger one by one in the coffee mixture and align them on the base of the pan.
- Add in mascarpone mixture on top and gently spread to cover all sides.
- Add in some fresh chopped raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- Similarly repeat the procedure once again.
- Cover and chill the cake overnight in fridge.
- To serve, decorate the cake with raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- Cut and serve chilled.