After making sweet potato chips which i posted few days back, you can find the post here, i still had one sweet potato left in the fridge which was screaming to be used. I also had a big cauliflower and few spring onion sticks which i had bought on last weekend. I prefer to buy fresh veggies as in summer there are high chances of veggies getting spoiled if we store them for a longer period. I did not follow any recipe but created my own, for which i am really happy as the curry turned out to very very tasty...... :))
I served the curry with plain jeera rice and the combination was awesome...i definately will be making this again.
1 big sweet potato chopped
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 spring onion stick chopped finely
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
2 dry red chilli broken into 2
1 piece of cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp nigella(onion) seeds
2 bay leaf
2 - 3 star anise
2 - 3 cardamons broken (elaichi)
a generous pinch of asafoetida
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, add in cumin seeds, nigella seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamons, star anise , cinnamon and red chillis.
- As soon as the seeds start to splutter add in a pinch of asafoetida.
- Now add in the chopped sweet potatoes and cauliflower florets.
- Cook for about a min.
- Now add in turmeric, red chilli, cumin and coriander powders. Also add in salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add little water, cover and cook for about 7 - 8 mins, until half way cooked.
- Now add in the chopped srping onions (leave some for garnishing).
- Cover and cook again for another 8 mins or until done.
- Garnish with chopped srping onions and serve hot with jeera rice, enjoy!!!!