Friday, September 18, 2009

French Macarons with Chocolate Ganache...finally i got my FEETS !!!

Dear All,
Photobucket

You cannot imagine the amount of happiness and satisfaction i got when I saw these little drops in the oven and developing their small feets!! The moment I tucked them in the oven, I sat beside to see them rise and turn into these gorgeous treats! I was literally jumping up and down with joy. I was terribly disappointed from my last attempt and truly determined to get them right so this time i took all the advice i could get, read numerous posts, videos, etc.

Photobucket

I am thankful to Deeba who suggested to check the folding technique, the video for which is here, she also suggested to use a recipe with one egg white as its easier and helps to reduce wastage in case of disasters. The video is by ChefNini and I must say its really good. I would suggest everyone to go through the video before trying your hands on macarons. Chefnini suggests to warm up the egg whites over a double boiler which i was skeptical so when Rachael of  La Fuji Mama made her macs using chefnini's recipes, i contacted her regarding the warming of the egg over the double boiler and she mentioned that she had used an aged egg and skipped the warming method. I too used an aged egg for 48 hours and it did wonders for me. Thank you Deeba, Rachael and everyone who supported and encouraged me, thanks a zillion !!!

I have followed the recipe from Chefnini, which can be found here

I am sending this dish to Mansi's Sweet Celebrations's Event

Photobucket

Makes 8 macarons
Ingredients for Macarons:
1 egg white aged for 48 hours in fridge
(Remove from fridge before 3 to 4 hours to bring the white to room temperature)
65 gms icing sugar
40 gms powdered almonds (sieved)
15 gms castor sugar (I used very fine)

Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
50 ml heavy cream
60 gms bittersweet/semisweet chocolate

Other baking essentials required:
1 pastry bag fitted with 2 cm nozzle
1 baking try lined with parchment paper
electronic beater


Photobucket

Procedure:
  • I had sieved the almond powder and than measured 40gms.
  • Mix together powdered sugar and almonds (make sure you dont have any lumps).
  • Beat the egg white with a electric beater until frothy. 
  • While beating add in the castor sugar (and 1 to 2 drops of color if desired) and beat at high for 2 mins until glossy stiff white meringue forms.
  • Fold the almond and sugar mixture with meringue in 4 to 5 turns. Donot over mix. Fold very gently in one direction only. (Pls refer to the video above for folding technique).
  • Scrape the batter in a pastry bag (standing the bag in a tall glass helps if you're alone).
  • Pipe the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheets in 1-inch (3 cm) circles (about 1 tablespoon each of batter), evenly spaced one-inch (3 cm) apart.
  • Rap the baking sheet a few times firmly on the counter top to flatten the macarons, and let it sit for 40 mins. 
  • After 30 mins preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
  • Bake the macarons for 10 mins and then reduce the temperature to 140 degrees C and bake for another 4 to 5 mins.
  • Cool completely and store them in air tight containers.

Procedure for Ganache:
  • Heat the cream in a pan, as soon as it stars boiling on the sides remove from heat and add the chocolate pieces in them.
  • Let it stand for a min.
  • Whisk gently until smooth paste.
  • Cool completely before using, after it has cooled ganache will become thicker in consistency and is easy to pipe.
Sandwich the macarons together with a tsp of ganache and store them in air tight container. They will stay upto 5 days.

Verdict: You just cant stop eating them, I am already planning for my next batch..so stay tuned  :-)





Luv


88 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous, Parita! But what exactly are feet here? (pardon my ignorance. i'm no baker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear. You did it!
    They look absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try and try till you succeed is the motto behind this...Iam happy that u got them perfect dear...really they look extremely yum....Is there any online order facility to order those gorgeous mac's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job! Parita. I've never try this to make this before. There was once I tried this from bakery shop and found it is too sweet for me.But I would like to add yours in my to do list..OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow lovely pic,really looks wonderful & seems delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgous again... feet or no feet - both look awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  7. macaroons look absolutely perfect and a feast for eyes..bcz I cant have them, so its a virtual treat..
    will try ur version soon.

    I m too happy for u, when I saw it in my google reder, I was like wow..keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG..they look so lovely dear...feel like grabbing one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome and it looks so tempting. fabulous pictures Parita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hooooooooooooray... I am happy that you finally made it. :) They look so tempting dear. wish I could have them now.,.... hmmm yummmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so beautiful and perfect, wow!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  12. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Parita!! fantastic...really I appreciate your efforts!

    They look out of this world.
    Really grt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and tempting cookies...love the way u have shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those surely look dainty! You baked it very well and a lot of hard work! Gorgeous snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous pictures and recipe....your hard work paid u .....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect looking cookies and awesome click!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats the spirit dear...I am glad that u got succeded in the next attempt...these macaroons look simply gorgeous...would love to grab them from that wooden tray

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow..u did it..congrats..i also tried the same recipe with almond powder,it was too wet dough..so i added more ap flour n finally got cookies..i think i skipped the step letting it set..cos egg whites work wonders more than we think..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats really wonderful..good that you finally got them right!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Parita
    Lovely photoes!! I think they taste great toooooo!!! Photos are very tempting, I feel one is rolling towards me and telling to eat!!!!
    And congrats for cooking it right!

    ReplyDelete
  22. want to pick one and gobble up. They look super delicious. Wonderful pictures parita.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous macs... I can imagine ur happiness. Lovely click.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look just gorgeous! And the pictures are just awesome. Wish I could just pick one from here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hats off dear i never gave a second attempt nd u tried ns succeeded...so y m i waiting for i shud try it for sure.
    They luk Gorgeous gorgeous.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. They have indeed turned out so well. Very well baked and a very beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Parita! You really are dedicated. Full marks to you. :-)
    But what feet are you talking about? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow.. congratulations on the beautiful macs! awesomely divine clikcs too! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG OMG you done it Congrats dear they looks so so so beautiful great job awesome

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG OMG OMG u did it !! YAYAYAYAY!!! I am so happy for you! They are so PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this looks more than perfect .. they are gorgeous ..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome!!!! That's so great that they came out great! Now that you've gotten the the technique right, ship some over here. hehe... Yum yum!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yummy macarons and Lovely click!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Woow, u did it Parita...Gorgeous Macaroons..

    ReplyDelete
  35. absolutely stunning Parita. U r so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow very tempting!!! love the pic..I've started carving for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! You did it! They look perfect! Enjoy eating them..will keep you posted when mine turn out ok..

    ReplyDelete
  38. Parita, they look perfect! Love the contrast of the white macaron and dark brown chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats! Your macarons look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  40. You really made these perfectly! They look exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Woow u did it .....looking extra-ordinary ,fantastic & mouth-watering ....feeling to taste it right now...

    ReplyDelete
  42. Looks too good! Lovely looking macaroons!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These look incredible!! So delicious and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Looks gorgeous... perfect! yummy nice picture dear..!:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great job, they look perfect! The pictures are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful,u have proved it right that by trying and trying one will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  47. They look stunning,Parita:-)I made macaroons once but they didnot turn out so well...I am seeing so many beautiful macaroons around..I shud bookmark the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. its awesome that you got them right the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Congratulations - you could sell them for 5 bucks a piece here in France! Thanks for the link to the video - I'm screwing up my courage to actually give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm in awe. Perfect "collerette", absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  51. you did get your feet Parita!! How extraordinarily beautiful they look!! I am just getting happy seeing all these around.. I cannot do it I know.

    ReplyDelete
  52. CONGRATULATIONS!! Macs have been on my wishlist since forever! They look great :) I cant wait to see what flavors you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well done Parita. I am glad that you didn't give up as they look great. Waiting to see what new flavours you will try next.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Parita,
    these looks so professional to me ,great job :)...
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  55. Well done Parita...the second attempt was real quick and the results look awesome. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  56. you got the feet!!!!thats really an achievement..they look very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  57. they look adorable....worth all the effort..
    the bamboo bowl looks cool too.
    all the clicks are tempting...actually everything is so perfect about this post, including the links.
    thanks , it may come handy when i try them...bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Parita...they're priceless & PRECIOUS! You did brilliantly well! excellenet feet my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Looks delicious and mouthwatering.......
    Nice click..

    ReplyDelete
  60. wow those are gorgeous!Elegant click!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congrats Parita.... you got them so perfect this time... looks so awesome... and nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  62. Bravo Parita, finally you did it perfectly! Looks so professional and excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. These are just amazing! I love the way you tell its procedure. thanks for this. Hope I can succeed this one day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Congrats Parita, they look great awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Perfect! They look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Congratulations Parita !!! The Macarons look really wonderful. Baking is an art. Perfection comes by practice. Next bach of macarons will be more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Whoa!Determined that you are!they look so cute especially in the 2nd pic.

    ReplyDelete
  68. hai Pari...i havn seen such a perfect ones...awesome shot dear.. :)
    den, im eagerly waiting to c u..how long you will be here? dont bring swine flu with uu :P.. take care kk...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your maccaroons looks really beautiful and the chocolate filling is so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  70. WAHOO!!! Look at you! Your macs are absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the look of these, light and airy and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yay!!! these look perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Those are gorgeous macs! I'm a bit envious! I need to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow...these look so pretty! Really beautiful! I am sure they tasted yummy too. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hi again! There are a few more awards waiting for you, collect them from my blog.take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  76. How lovely! Looks like you got it exactly right. I tried macarons for the first time this year in Paris from Laduree and totally fell in love. I can't wait until my work slows down and I can try making them myself. Thanks for sharing your experience and the awesome link.

    ReplyDelete
  77. they look so perfect... can't resist the temptation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. awesome macarons dear Parita ..
    i didnt get this :1 egg white aged for 48 hours in fridge
    (Remove from fridge before 3 to 4 hours to bring the white to room temperature)

    ReplyDelete
  79. these look gorgeous Parita! and Kudos to you on perfect execution of the recipe! I love Nutella, but your Pink Macaroons are cuter:)

    btw, you could send these in for my sweet celebrations event on my blog if you like:)

    ReplyDelete
  80. looks awesome.....can't wait to try. Nice pics..

    ReplyDelete
  81. woooow!... looks scrumplicious :).. scrumptious + delicious!!... excellent blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)